Conventional induction heaters - CELES inductors - dramatically reduce energy use while still providing effective and uniform heating for preheating, annealing, curing or coating in strip processing lines.
The uniform heating ensures the high quality of the finished product – and, because the process is easily repeatable, that quality is assured across the whole of the strip. Another big advantage of induction heating technology is the fact that it increases the thermal capacity of the line, which means you can increase throughput.
- Reduced capital cost
- Compatible with high level of retained austenite (50%)
- Limited maintenance requirements
- High power density
- No preheating required
- Proven heating accuracy
- Compact, modular system with easy integration into existing lines
The inductor design is engineered for the highest quality and for optimum safety. It is compliant with EN-12198 Electromagnetic Shielding for Worker EM Flux Daily Exposure.
Flexible and reliable heating
The CELES induction heater is incredibly flexible and can adapt to changes in steel grade and temperatures.
The ability to make strip changes on the fly – without having to stop and restart the equipment– increases overall line productivity. In addition, the sturdy design and extended component lifetime, as well as the modular layout, means that maintenance requirements are limited. Installation is also easy, thanks to the compact envelope design.
CELES induction heater applications
Post treatment / Strip drying
- Temperature range: 90-300°C
- Chemical coating
- Organic or inorganic coating
- Anti-finger print coatings
- Paint curing with or without solvents
Galvanizing line heating
- Temperature range: 450-500°C
- Pre-heat at furnace entry
- In-furnace thermal cycle transition booster
- Boost to facilitate over-aging cycle
- After cooling section for temperature homogenization
Heat-to-coat thermal booster
- Temperatures: 20-600°C, in reducing or air atmosphere
- Before and after the furnace
- Fully engineered heating in controlled atmosphere
- Fully uniform temperature distribution