Skin-pass mills from Fives are designed to give you the finish you want, either as part of your NeoKoil® strip processing line or as a standalone equipment for perfect finish quality.
YOUR desired surface quality
Our skin-pass mills are designed using finite element modeling to ensure simplicity and optimum performance.
- Desired surface finish, whether that’s rugosity or brightness
- Suppressed yield point elongation, enabling the steel to be formed without developing faults
- Improved strip flatness
A range of skin-pass mills is available for any type of applications for annealed and galvanized steel products, as well as stainless steel. These skin-pass mills are also available in a tandem version for double reduction for tin plate products.
4Hi skin-pass mill
Novel design features
- Designed for a variety of steel grades from very low to very high strength
- Used on continuous annealing and galvanizing lines, and can be coupled with a tension leveller
- Up to 1,880mm wide and speeds up to 1,000 m/min
- Detergent capture and filtering to minimize environment impact
6Hi skin-pass mill
- Applicable in continuous annealing lines to futher improve flatness without a tension leveler
- With two additional intermediate rolls, it can gurantee better flatness under any operating conditions
- It is equipped with a intermediate roll shifting system to enhance operational flexibility on bending
- Designed to provide the high degree of cleanliness required for stainless steel
- High-performing roll polishing system to achieve a very bright strip surface
- Double acting roll force cylinder for efficient and accurate roll control
- Designed to provide easy access to all parts of the machine for safe and simple operation and maintenance