Fives develops equipment and integrated plants for dry process mineral grinding applications. Our solutions are designed for high performance and flexibility, and reduced costs. From stand-alone machines to comprehensive systems, our efficient crushing solutions are equipped with proprietary equipment such as the FCB VIF™ crusher and FCB Rhodax® 4D.
Thanks to our extensive process and integration expertise, Fives can also modernize and modify existing plants to increase production capacity and performance.
The FCB VIF™ crusher is an impact hammer mill equipped with hammers and a non-clogging mobile anvil device. Designed either for primary or secondary crushing stages, it features a high crushing reduction ratio capacity.
- Sturdy design, with a long lifetime and reduced maintenance requirements
- Handles sticky and clogging raw material with 5-15% moiture content
- A welded steel frame and heavy-duty forged rotor with two double-row self-aligning roller bearings
- Perfect retractation thanks to slotted discs and single- or double-head hammers in an alternate and staggered arrangement
- Anti-clogging Mobile Anvil Device (MAD)
The FCB Rhodax® 4D is a vibrating cone crusher offering a more efficient alternative to traditional crushing technologies. The FCB Rhodax® is the ultimate technology merging crushing and grinding applications within a single machine.
- Interparticle compressive grinding for constant product quality, particle size distribution and capacity
- High liberation ratio for greater beneficiation and a low flakiness index
- Reduces the overall number of crushing and grinding stages, thus offering energy savings of up to 30%
- Closed-circuit operation offers a low noise level and zero dust emissions
- Product quality is constant regardless of the liner wear, and wear parts last three times longer than a traditional cone crusher
Advanced solutions for a variety of applications
FCB VIF™ crusher
The FCB VIF™ impact crusher is designed for primary and secondary applications for crushing of:
- Iron ore
- Clay materials
In primary applications, the crusher accepts blocks over 1 m3 (35 ft3) to obtain a 40 mm (1 1/2 in) product. In secondary application, the 300 mm (12 in) feed size produces a 20 mm (about 3/4 in) product.
FCB Rhodax® 4D
The FCB Rhodax® 4D offers advanced grinding force control with a high reduction ratio (up to 100/1). It can be used in concrete recycling and crushing applications, including:
- Abrasive materials
- Ceramics, tiles and fired clay
- Ferro-nickel, ferroalloys, ferrochrome
- Silicon metal
- Copper, ilmenite and steel slag
- Diamond and iron ore
Long-life wear parts offer significant savings, particularly when grinding hard and abrasive materials.