Transformation of an old burner into a Pillard NOVAFLAM®
The stated objectives were to:
- Reduce the amount of dust in the furnace
- Limit the specific consumption
- Take advantage of Fives' expertise in rotary kiln burners in order to improve the clinker’s crystallography
The solution provided by Fives' technical teams was to keep the whole burner body intact and only replace the nozzles.
However, due to sanitary restrictions, the entire project was carried out remotely except for the commissioning. This included the kick-off meeting and taking of dimensions. To overcome this difficulty, both Fives and its client’s teams optimized their teamwork and worked together using remote solutions developed by our digital experts.
This enabled the burner modification to be successfully carried out. Indeed, the burner ignition and production start-up took place without delay, thanks to the on-site assistance of Fives' commissioning specialists.
The first feedbacks from the site are very encouraging and the first few months of production have shown :
- An improved furnace stability
- A significant decrease in NOx
- A higher SO3 content in the clinker
The optimization is now continuing remotely to further improve the burner performance and new results will be shared in the coming months.