Fives was named a finalist for Fastmarkets Global Awards for Steel Excellence
Fives and Marcegaglia were named a finalist in Fastmarkets Global Awards for Steel Excellence for the joint SmartLine project in three categories:
- Best Innovation – Process
- Best Operational Improvements
- Information Technology Provider of the Year
Fives alone was also named a finalist in the Technology Provider of the Year category for its three technologies:
- FlashCooling®, disruptive technology for ultra-rapid cooling for AHSS and UHSS
- CELES EcoTransFlux™, high power transverse flux induction technology for rapid heating cycles
- Eyeron™, real-time quality management technology
Global Awards for Steel Excellence, one of the most prestigious awards programs for the global steel industry, recognize the highest achieving companies across multiple categories. The program is organised annually by Fastmarkets AMM, an international publisher and information provider for the global steel, non-ferrous and scrap metals markets.
The awards recognize world-class innovation and excellence in steel and related industries for companies throughout the steel supply chain and by key partners to the industry. Companies that are finalists and winners have demonstrated best practices to achieve outstanding results. They embody best-in-class practices as measured by global standards.
Winners will be announced live during the Global Awards for Steel Excellence dinner to be held June 9th at the Hilton Midtown in New York City - more about the event.