Fives DMS puts down new roots in old home
“We can now easily be reached by metro from the center of Lille, at our new base in the Synergie Park, which we moved into a few weeks ago. This will help raise our visibility and attract younger generations to the engineering sector. We currently have access to a high level of expertise, with employees who have been working in the company for many years, but they will be retiring over the coming years. We must therefore manage human capital by developing our staff and bringing in fresh resources to ensure our current and future projects remain sustainable,” explains Gabriel Poullet, Managing Director of Fives DMS.
“We have witnessed active support and engagement of all our employees during this move, and even after... Everybody has gone the extra mile to make this new environment a pleasant and welcoming workspace. This move will help us change our working patterns, by modernizing our way of working and communicating,” says Gwendoline Niro, Head of Human Resources for the company.
The move to return to its origins marks the culmination of a spectacular commercial turnaround over the last two years, in both the strip processing lines and cold rolling mills:
- DMS SkinPass 4Hi for the GalvTech facility of the Techs Division of Steel Dynamics, Inc.
- Turnkey contract to revamp a continuous galvanizing line for Ma’anshan Iron & Steel
- DMS 20Hi EcoMill to process precision stainless steel for Ningbo Baoxin Stainless Steel
- New continuous hot dip galvanizing line (CGL № 3) for Steel Dynamics, Inc.
- DMS 20Hi EcoMill for Shanghai STAL Precision Stainless Steel
- DMS 20Hi cold rolling mill to process silicon steel for Wisdri (XinYu) Cold Processing Engineering
With over a hundred strip processing lines and cold rolling mills installed over the past 50 years, Fives DMS has emerged as a major partner in the design of cold rolling workshops and mechanical equipment for the steel industry.