Experts meet to address hot metallurgical topics
The event is a traditional steel expert-level meeting hosting academia, steelmakers, technology providers and end users to have a free exchange on steel industry’s hot topics. The webinar was chaired by Professor Dierk Raabe from Max Planck Society and Doctor Jean-Pierre Birat, a world expert on environmental challenges for the steel industry.
More than 50 technical experts from 20 companies, including Acciai Bertoli Safau, Aperam, ArcelorMittal Tubarão, CSN, Erdemir, Liberty Steel Magona, Nippon Steel, NLMK, SSAB Europe, Voestalpine, CLN and Eramet gathered together to share expertise focusing on sustainable steel processing topics:
- New insights regarding steel microstructural evolutions and phase transformations
- New generations burners for annealing furnaces
- Scale production optimization in reheating furnaces
- Photogrammetry for automotive steel grades
- Predictive modeling to optimize strip processing
- Recycling for steel manufacturing industry
“It’s a unique opportunity to gather a wide range of industry experts from technical specialists to academia together to have an open discussion on trending topics. It allows us to share relevant information, reconsider certain concepts from a different light and establish benchmarks”, says Shervin Djahan, CEO of Fives KEODS, a steel process expert subsidiary at Fives.