Fives’ dust control solutions consist of our proprietary baghouse filters, which remove particulates from air or gas released from industrial or combustion processes. We have designed and manufactured bag filters for the biggest industry players for over 60 years. Our customized dedusting systems are the most reliable and efficient on the market. Compact and cost-effective, they offer increased bag life and optimized reagent and power consumption.
Thanks to our large network of subsidiaries worldwide, our customers have access to dedicated customer service representatives wherever they are located.
The Fives Solios SONAIRTM pulse‑jet bag filter system separates process dusts from flue gas.
The system uses short and medium bags of up to 6 m (20 ft) in length combined with high-pressure pulse cleaning technology.
Efficient and cost-effective, it is used for lower flow volumes than the TGT® filter. SONAIR incorporates many characteristics to reduce outlet emissions, increase bag life and facilitate maintenance.
- A special inlet baffle to laterally distribute the incoming gas stream upwards and between the filter bags, to reduce can velocity
- 15-60 cm (6-24 in) of freeboard (the empty space between the bottom of the bags and the hoppers) to promote dust settling in the hopper
- Steep hoppers to easily move particulate dust and prevent plugging
- Large hopper openings to ensure easy material movement and prevent plugging
- Large diameter screw conveyors to effortlessly remove particulates from the baghouse
- High-pressure pulse cleaning technology
- An automatic filter bag cleaning sequence regulated by a programmable logic controller (PLC)
The Fives Solios TGT fabric filter incorporates our proprietary high-capacity baghouse filter technology for dust control and particulate removal.
The filter uses long bags of 6-10m (20-33 ft) or more, combined with low-pressure pulse cleaning technology.
Fives was the first to develop this long bag technology for the cement market more than 20 years ago, and our equipment has become the industry standard for high-efficiency particulate removal.
It is fully automatic, low-maintenance and ensures a longer bag lifetime.
- A filter body designed to ensure optimized gas and dust distribution throughout, minimized can velocities and limited re-entrainment
- Modular design available for easy installation
- A proprietary cleaning system using optimized integrated piston valves specially developed to maximize bag lifetime and ensure reliable cleaning
- Low-pressure operations limiting shock-wave phenomenon and dust carry-through to ensure very low emission levels
- A large-capacity piston valve providing rapid and powerful opening
Optional extras and safety details include:
- “On-line” cleaning sequence with accurate control via a proportional integral derivative (PID) control loop based on a single set point for a constant pressure drop and a better process stabilization and reliability
- Bag leak detector for bag diagnostics and emissions monitoring
- ATEX (explosive atmospheres) certification
- Completely airtight filter
- Nitrogen pulse cleaning
- Walk-in plenum or penthouse
Electrostatic precipitators (ESPs) are considered obsolete by most air pollution control experts due to their low efficiency and very high CAPEX. Many industrials now have to add a second filtration system to their ESPs in order to comply with modern emissions limits.
Fives offers a complete service of ESP conversion into baghouse filters, with many advantages:
- Reduced upgrade costs
- Optimized process footprint
- Access to Fives’ range of after-sales services
Our dedusting systems are ideal for the following applications:
- Brick kilns
- Cement kilns
- Electrolysis pots
- Clinker coolers
- Coal mills
- Finish mills
- Green Anode Plants (GAPs)
- Hazardous waste kilns
- Kiln retrofits
- Lime kilns
- Main kilns