Fives new workshops inauguration in the North of France
On 30 June 2022, the inauguration of these new workshops took place in the presence of Xavier Bertrand, President of the Hauts-de-France Region, Frédéric Sanchez, President & CEO of Fives.
Initiated in 2018 and supported by the Hauts-de-France Region within the scope of the France Recovery Plan, this project within the workshops aimed at improving the physical and human organization for greater efficiency, performance and responsiveness while giving a 4.0 benchmark of the production line with:
- More robotization in welding operations,
- Optimization of the machine pool in machining with four new connected machines,
- Implementation of a digital portal which facilitates exchanges between production and design teams to simplify access and sharing of manufacturing drawings and other information, as well as administrative tasks and decision-making,
- Optimization of operating costs (in terms of logistics, management, energy and maintenance),
- Improved working conditions for the operators, particularly in terms of ergonomics to limit health and safety problems linked mainly to gestures and postures.
In line with the group's raison d'être, this project is intending to "Faire aimer l'industrie" and to give employees pride in their workshop's image.
Xavier BERTRAND: "The industry of the future is today's industry and it is here in the Hauts-de-France region. But we will only succeed in meeting the industrial challenges that are ahead of us if we invest significantly in the talents of men and women".
This inauguration is also important in the Group's history as Fives ECL is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year and will organize a special day dedicated to it on September 10.
The event was widely reported in the press in France :
- Site Hauts de France : https://lnkd.in/eJ4uZQXb
- La Gazette Nord : https://lnkd.in/ed-au6cA
- Le journal des entreprises : https://lnkd.in/efNwiFnp
- La Gazette Nord-Pas-de-Calais : Ronchin : Fives ECL investit - YouTube
Click here if you want to know more about Fives ECL solutions for the Aluminium industry.