After putting the IMOCA Fives - Lantana Environnement to waters on May 4th in Caen, its skipper Louis Duc set sails to the Vendée Arctique from June 12th to 25th.
First trial of the 2022 season for Louis Duc, the Vendée Arctique is also a qualification race for La Route du Rhum in November and the Vendée Globe 2024.
Through this new course taking competitors around Iceland, they will have to flirt with polar latitudes.
For Louis Duc, this will be a "discovery" race with his boat's new setup and his first ever solo race in IMOCA.
Next date: June 16th at midday: live radio with Louis Duc in his first half of the Vendée Arctique
The Vendée Arctique in short
- 2nd edition
- 3 500 milles (6 500 km) in solo round trip from les Sables d’Olonne, France through Iceland
- Only for IMOCAs, Vendée Globe boats
- Qualificatiions for La Route du Rhum 2022 and the Vendée Globe 2024
- Racing Village from June 4th to 26th
- Start on June 12th, 5PM local time
- Arrivals estimated between June 22nd and 24th
- Prize giving on June 26th