The continuing quest for improvements in metal quality and quantity by aluminium producers is continually driving cast house equipment suppliers to develop high-technology solutions. This is particularly the case for transferring molten metal into cast house furnaces where Dross is an unavoidable by-product. Metal transfer methods where molten metal is least exposed should be used to minimize the losses due to dross. A good Siphoning system can reduce dross by 30-50% and furnace energy consumption by up to 10% as well.
Since the mid 1990’s Solios Thermal has been installing and developing it’s own siphoning systems in a number of various configurations and applications. Our systems ensure metal transfer occurs below molten metal surfaces at either end of the siphon tube; this substantially eliminates turbulence and the exposure of new metal surface to the oxidizing atmosphere and also incorporates Automated Vacuum suction for truly safe and controllable siphoning
The benefits of using a Fives Solios Siphoning systems are:
- Fives Solios Specialist Process Knowledge
- Layouts designed for customer specific requirements.
- Construction designed for the demanding cast house furnace environment.
- Safe Automated vacuum control
- Reliable Tube Handling Systems
- Reduced dross, reduce all associated processes
- Less time on furnace tending
- Reduced bath transfer
- Environmentally better
Complete automated control available with monitoring of key siphoning variables and integration with furnace interlocks
- Compliance to all industrial performance and guarantee norms:
- Transfer rates: Up to 2200Kg/min.
- Molten metal transfer temperatures: 720-780 Deg C